What are we working towards with SchoolsPlus?
- The development of an array of programming and services offered at school sites, such as breakfast programs, mentoring/outreach, homework clubs, child care, employment support, health centres, community policing, adult upgrading, parent groups, community gardens, youth groups, cultural centres, parenting classes, nutritional classes, and recreational programming.
- Community awareness of these programs and services.
- Increased parental and family involvement in the school and the community.
- Development of partnerships and increased collaboration within the larger community.
- Increased use of schools for SchoolsPlus programming during extended hours including evenings, weekends, and summers.
- Increased youth engagement through their involvement in planning for their success.